Monday, August 11, 2014

The Pacific coast of Mexico


Pacific Coast of Mexico
So Dominique and I stayed at this great Air BnB thanks to my sister's negotiating skills.  I don't know how she did it but somehow we got the whole house to ourselves for $75/night.  It was so great to have a relaxing space to come home to!  Dom and I cooked up some fierce Mexican food and enjoyed the pool during the day.


Tacos

View from the hammock
My dad actually graduated from High School in Mexico, believe it or not.  He spent his final grade 12 year in Mexico City.  Later in life he would make many more trips to Mexico with his partner Lourdes.  Now I see why they like it so much!  The people are incredibly friendly and gracious, the food is flavourful and fresh, the beaches are beautiful, and the seafood is delicious!

It was great to be with Dominique for the second stop on the journey.  Once again we chose kayaks to get us out over the water.  We both said a few words, and we did what we promised to do.  It was a very touching moment, and even more meaningful because my sister was there with me!  Knowing that I'd be continuing on without her for the next destinations made it a little bittersweet.  I'm going to miss her a lot on this trip, and I'll be thinking of her often.

No comments:

Post a Comment