Monday, September 1, 2014

Oui oui c'est super!

Comment d'écrire la ville de Paris?  Mon dieu, c'est impossible, j'ai jamais vu un ville comme ça dans ma vie!  C'est vraiment incroyable!  I stayed with Roger et Vonny Penot on Noisiel, and they were extremely generous hosts. My first day we were able to go and visit more extended family and that was very special for me!  My grandfather, and grand mother had both visited the same house we saw!!  It was really neat to see this older town in the outskirts of Paris near FontaineBleu!  

The following day Roger took me to Paris to do the tour, and what an amazing day that was!!  Roger was a wealth of information, and he knew all the secret spots. With his knowledge of all the historic sites and the Metro station, we did it all!!  I'm convinced that I wouldn't have seen half the sites we saw if I were on my own. We started in a small pattiserie with some baguette and dipped it in coffee with creme fraîche. This was actually my first coffee and it was delicious. We visited the Arc de Triomphe, Champa de Lysees, Obeliske, Louvre, Quartier Latin, Notre Dame, And of course the Eiffel Tower!  

What a visit, merci beaucoup Roger et Vonny, c'était vraiment super de vous rencontrer et vous êtes des vrais ambassadeurs pour Paris!  Gros bisous!

Notre Dame



Tour


En dessus du tour




Obeliske, Napoléon a amener cette énorme pierre de l'Egypte!  Magnifique!







The restaurant un the Latin quarter where I ate my first...


Escargots!!  Boom


Notre Dame


Louvre - Roger knew a side door that allowed us to skip a 2 hour lineup, best tour guide ever!


Louvre


Arc de Triomphe









Just a great felt poster on Yvonne's wall. Where the maple syrup though?




Classic shot!

1 comment:

  1. Your first coffee! Sounds like the best way/location to try it :) Fab photos!

    ReplyDelete