Monday, January 18, 2010

The Napali Coast




I want to touch briefly on the Napali but I think I'll let the photos do most of the talking. This incredible coast line is on the north shore of Kauai. It is the only portion of the island with no roads on it, for obvious reasons. It has been left untouched by vehicles and can only be reached by a grueling hike, or by boat. It has to be one of the MOST breathtaking and awe-inspiring hikes I've ever done in my life. To add to the already beautiful scenery, there were 30-35 foot waves that day. We could hear thundering crashes and heart pounding explosions from below us along the whole trek. It was an amazing time to be on the north shore, and it created a unique photo from all the sea spray, as you can see from the picture above. Enjoy the rest...



Truly a sacred spot,
Peace be with you all...
WW

No comments:

Post a Comment